One-to-one digital marketing
Salesforce Marketing Cloud, formerly ExactTarget, offers hundreds of features to help brands execute everything from basic email marketing to sophisticated cross-channel campaign management. Positioned as a leader in both of the recent Forrester and Gartner Enterprise Marketing Suite Analyses, Salesforce is recognised as one of the world’s most powerful one-to-one digital marketing platforms. Salesforce email marketing is one of its most important components.
ExactTarget was founded in 2000 by Scott Dorsey, Chris Baggott, and Peter McCormick. The software began as an email marketing suite, whilst the acquisition of Pardot and Co-Tweet extended its capabilities to marketing automation and social comms. ExactTarget went public in 2012, and the following year the company was acquired by Salesforce.com for around $2.5 billion – their biggest ever acquisition. In 2014, ExactTarget was renamed ‘Salesforce Marketing Cloud’ as part of the integration with Salesforce.
ExactTarget was leading the market in terms of email marketing, and Salesforce email marketing powers were given a big boost from the acquisition. Since then, Salesforce Marketing Cloud has built a proposition to enable brands to listen to customers and engage with them across every channel, including email, social, web, and mobile. The user-centered platform allows marketers to easily design and manage highly personalised campaigns, publish content and analyse results.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud allows companies to personalise customer experiences across every channel using their Email Studio, Mobile Studio, Social Studio, Advertising Studio and Web Studio software. Within the Marketing Cloud there are six tools:
- Journey Builder is a marketing automation tool that can help build the customer journey across Salesforce email marketing, mobile, advertising and web activities to deliver a seamless multi-channel experience.
- Audience Builder helps create a single view of the customer using data from multiple sources, allowing companies to then target specific segments and build productive relationships with the customer.
- Personalization Builder uses predictive intelligence and machine learning to present customers with the right content at the right time, using customer data to offer a more personalised experience.
- Content Builder manages all content and assets in one location, with advanced search functions and the ability to oversee approvals.
- Analytics Builder measures and tracks the performance of campaigns, using predictive analytics to extract rich insights from the data.
- Marketing Cloud Connect helps keep the customer experience as seamless as possible by syncing customer data across marketing, sales and service interactions.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud can help businesses of all sizes build more personalised, relevant and seamless customer journeys.
Celerity is a gold partner of Salesforce, and we have bolstered our Centre of Excellence expertise by investing in experienced resource, upskilling our existing team members and creating product solutions that allow our clients to benefit from the full capabilities of the Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, and in particular Salesforce email marketing.
Celerity offers end to end system integration experience, big data and insight integration and fully customisable welcome programmes. Our professional services team boast over 40 years of experience and know how to successfully manage implementations and maximise the return on investment from the tool and enable customers to benefit from Salesforce email marketing, mobile, social, web and advertising tools.